AUA Student Council is a student representative body that plays a crucial role in our community.
The time has come to elect the next Student Council for the 2021 calendar year.
- AUA Student Council Elections are college-based.
- Based on the quota of currently enrolled students, the seats will be allocated as follows: CBE: 4 undergraduate seats + 1 graduate seat; CHSS: 2 undergraduate seats +1 graduate seat, CSE: 2 undergraduate seats + 1 graduate seat; SPH: 1 graduate seat
- To serve on the Student Council you need to be enrolled at AUA for the duration of the 2021 calendar year (Spring and Fall semesters) and maintain a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Friday, December 18, 2020 by 6:00 pm is the deadline for all applications.
- Motivation letter – approximately 150 words, no more than a page long; briefly mention why you want to join the Student Council, what you will bring to the Student Council, and what you want to focus on
- Signed contract – stating that you will abide by all rules (see attached)
- Confidential Evaluation form from at least 1 instructor (must be emailed by the instructor to the [email protected])
- A short one – minute video introduction of the candidate which will later be posted on the SC’s FB page and will help the candidate to reach more people (landscape format, one-minute long)
Applications will be reviewed on December 21, 2020.
The application packages will be reviewed to make sure the candidates fully meet the required criteria.
Student Council candidates will be announced on December 22, 2020.
The list of candidates will be shared via [email protected] and on the official FB pages of the AUA Student Council and Office of Student Affairs.
Mandatory session for candidates will be held on December 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
The candidates will have to participate in the mandatory session that aims to help the candidates to better understand the mission, structure and responsibilities of the Student Council.
On December 24, 2020 the candidates will have a chance to present their campaigns.
The Office of Student Affairs together with the current Student Council will organize an online event for all SC candidates to reach out to the student community. This will enable the candidates to promote their statement, present their vision, ideas, and plans for the upcoming academic year.
Student Council elections will be held on January 11, 2021 from 9:00 am till 11:59 pm.
All students will receive electronic ballots and will have one day to vote. The ballot will close at 11:59 PM.
Election results will be reviewed on January 12, 2021.
Newly elected Student Council members will be announced on January 13, 2021 via [email protected] and on the FB page of AUA Student Council and Office of Student Affairs.
Newly elected Student Council members will have their first Zoom meeting on January 14, 2021 at 5:00 PM.